Monday, July 30, 2007

GKYB 2007 - a life-changing experience



What else can be said other than the fact that the past 2 weeks were such an enjoyable experience for all!

It can be truly said that lives have changed, not just for the villagers and beneficiaries of the houses we built, but also for us- the participants. We found new friends, met old ones, built houses and relationships, and bridged the gap between social classes and nationalities.

We all look forward to the last 2 days, but for now, let the above slide show and the other two (see below) suffice. Our stories are all made offline as we didnt have the luxury of internet access for the past 12 days. Thank you for all your prayers!

Here are some short words from the participants:


From Aldrich: Last day!!!!! i can't believe this, its kinda mixed feeling of happiness and sadness, we will definitely miss everything and everyone, this build is an experience i will never forget every single day of it...........




From Christine: My last days with the GKYB were amazing. I really enjoyed having a group of friends from Toronto that was able to travel to the Philippines. I really enjoyed meeting new friends from the Middle East. Hanging out with them was a great experience because I was able to open my mind to them. My experience in Marinduque was memorable. When i was at the GK site, the kids were able to help me gain self confidence. This experience with the Gawad Kalinga was a blessing for me and I hope that I will never forget it.



From Therese: The past few weeks have been phenomenal. It was the first time I felt this mix of emotions all at once. I feel fulfilled, blessed, overwhelmed, and some more...This two-week 'stint' isn't just something that happened coincidentally- it was all part of God's plan for me. It was definitely a life-changing experience, simply because I have grown so much as a person by being part of it. Like Christine and Aldrich, I will not forget every single part of it. And I will see you soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you team canada for the memories!!! we'll miss you guys!!!

don and bailinda
gk mabuhay service team

p.s.
my email ad is don_sfcnb2a@yahoo.com

Maripi said...

Inspiring and touching. I was teary eyed with joy.

shwarma12 said...

i misss you guyss.
reunion ha!
Snow meets Sand!! ;)

shwarma12@yahoo.com - chinkee