Friday, July 13, 2007

on becoming stronger...

I've been waiting for this weekend to come and finally, it did. GKYB 2007 is indeed here. I bought my raincoat and boots today in 168 in Divisoria, and I'm really eager to use them. I can't wait to see Kuya Junnie, Aldrich, Christine, and our friend from the USA..(sorry I forgot your name...)

Please pray for the victims of the ferry that sunk in Quezon just yesterday morning ( July 12). I saw the headline this morning and was really taken aback by it. (Read more on: http://www.philstar.com/) So far there are 15 people who have died and 100 people missing. I also heard one of the dead is from Marinduque. One of my family friends even commented on the situation, since there is a typhoon over the Philippines, and Marinduque is on the typhoon belt. I don't mean to scare you on this. Then again, beyond these doubts and fears, I know that we can do it. The LORD will help us get through this.


I guess we are really here for a mission- a mission to change what to many, seems quite impossible. But it is happening. Thank you to everyone who made this trip/experience possible.


Till the next one,
therese

2 comments:

GK Youth Build (GKYB) said...

Hi Therese, we're reading your blog entry while waiting at Gate 174. And just like what I quoted in my entry earlier, "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it", so even with the delayed flight to Korea, the imminent typhoon in the Philippines and the tragedy over in Quezon - tuloy na tuloy ito!!!! see you in 24 hours or so :)

Michele said...

Yup Therese, don't worry... the Lord will protect you all. Keep thinking sunny thoughts :-)